Pages

Saturday 29 March 2014

I don't know about you...but I'm feeling 23?


So it was my birthday last week! and I turned the grand old age of 23! I'm not someone who really wants to go all out and spend a week celebrating my birthday but I do like to have a night out to celebrate (any excuse!) It was a really fun night out and we ended up going to several places around Leeds, Verve, Lloyds and Players. I wore my Misguided Bonitta Origami Mini Dressfor the night and a pair of black strappy primark shoes. I do love the dress but I think it would look a million times better on my when I have a tan because it's such a pale pink and i'm pretty pale at the moment! (camera flash doesn't help either! haha)

Few snaps from the night :) 





On a more serious note I guess turning 23 has made me really sit down and look at my life and what i've managed to do nearly a year after finishing uni (and possible one of the best years of my life). It's hard to admit to yourself that you aren't exactly happy, don't get me wrong I have some good nights out and fun times but if i'm sat alone and really think, I'm not happy with where I am. I guess it could be the shock (it is a shock imo) of finishing university and having  good set of friends, house and little life set up and then moving back home and really having to start again. 

New house, new job, new friends. It's all a bit of a whirlwind and it takes a lot of effort, I'm not the most social person so it's really daunting to me to try and push myself to get out there and meet people in a big city like Leeds. I feel a bit small and unnoticed, i've been really lucky with work and having lots of nice girls who are my own age but i'd like to build on that and have a really strong base of good friends. Most days I go to work, come home and don't speak too/see anyone until I go to work again- I'd love to have a group to just hang at the pub with random week nights (ah uni I miss those times). 

I feel like I should be doing so much more, have to much more of my life together. I guess it's a "grass is greener" type thinking but it does get me down. Just going to try and concentrate on the things I can get and the things I can do to move my life to a happier place.Which leads me to my final question for you guys reading! anyone know of any good clubs/hobby ideas to get out and meet people my own age?

No comments:

Post a Comment