My older sister was lucky enough to get some discounted tickets from her work and invited me along to Chester Zoo with my nephew. Being a big kid I was so excited as I love all the big cats, it didn't take us to long to get there either so we had plenty of time to see all the animals there were out and about! I have to say it was a pretty good day out and we did get to see a large number of the animals but the big cats weren't that easy to see or in the Jaguars case totally invisible! We also got to ride on the little railway that goes through the zoo and got to see some of the animals that were harder to see, which was pretty cool.
Highlights of the visit were
- Getting a butterfly to land on my hand and seeing it up close!
- Going in the batcave and having all the bats swoop right next to my head
- Seeing all the Cheetahs up close!
- Seeing the two baby elephants
- Watching two baby orangutans roll about in woven sacks-so cute!